Kids have so many characters in them. They are so innocent that often parents ignore their mischief and ignore them in laughter but gradually this remittal turns them into a stubborn child who keeps on repeating this habit of making their parents and people around them accept whatever they do whether right or wrong. Earlier stubborn students used to have a lot of tantrums while going to school. Whereas in the online learning method there this behaviour has decreased a little bit due to little relaxed sessions in online learning where they don’t have to study in boundaries and in four walls of the classroom. Students these days are engaged a lot in online learning and taking interest in new innovative ways of learning too. We can find these days students searching new things online regarding their subjects such as “what is ERP?”, although they can ask their mentors also but stubborn students won’t ask their mentors instead, they will search online “what is ERP?”. Seeing this, school managements also have started using LMS login in their online learning process and this LMS login has provided students very safe passage to study online. Still a stubborn kid can never fit into any kind of teaching and learning apart from such facilities. Such students or kids embarrass their parents anywhere they take him or her with them. It is so because they never consider anyone in their home as authority and this becomes a serious problem further. So, let’s understand the ways to deal with stubborn kids:
- Most common way to solve any problem is communication. But the most important thing about communication is that it is a two-way thing. If a couple wants their child to listen to them then they will also have to listen to him. It doesn’t matter if the kid is talking sense or absolutely nonsense. It is so because sometimes a stubborn child is not really a stubborn child but maybe he or she is just a very irritated one because of having lack of attention and parents pay no heed to his or her needs. So, it is necessary that parents should listen to the child also.
- When a stubborn child is up to something and tries to create chaos in the home then parents need to stay calm and try to connect themselves with the child. For example, if the child is rebelling for stopping him from reading a comic book, then sit beside him and show interest that you also want to read that comic and after sometime reading with him/her request the child lovingly to sleep and they can continue the reading the next day again together. This will make the child listen to the parents.
- Instead of giving direct orders to the kids, give the students a lot of options or two or three options and make those options so interesting that the child gets confused and forget about saying no to the orders given by you. Such as if you ask the child to study, stubborn child may refuse directly but if you give him or her options that either he or she can read a story book with you or he or she can play science Olympiad with you where they will get goodies as reward. Here being an compelled child will opt any one option and will study surely.
- Often it happens that when parents have a bad day and meanwhile their stubborn child starts his or her tantrums then either they yell at the child badly or they hit him or her pretty hard, or slap him/her tight. We often don’t take it seriously but psychologists say that this hitting doesn’t only make an impact on a child’s body but also on the conscience of the child which carves a long-time grudge in the heart of the child and the child settles the score by embarrassing his parents in public. So, parents need to stay calm in such situations although it is nearly impossible but after sometime it makes the child cool down.
- Parents need to respect the child and his/her feelings instead of telling everyone that their child is stubborn and they are fed up with him. At a point a child notices that instead of his/her so many mischiefs parents are supporting him/her and loving him/her then being compelled by their love child to surrender.