Everyone knows that selling your home is a stressful time. And one thing that can make it even more stressful is not knowing how to prepare it for the market best. But here’s the good news: there are simple things you can do to increase the chances of a quick sale, and they don’t involve spending thousands on renovations or redesigning your entire floor plan. In fact, they’re things everyone should be doing anyway but often don’t around the house. So, if you’re planning on moving this year (or next), read ahead for the top tips on real estate property styling so it comes across as welcoming and sells quickly.
Ensure the property is clean and tidy
When you’re ready to show your home, it’s essential to ensure everything looks its best. Use a vacuum cleaner and a mop to clean your floors, remove cobwebs from ceilings and walls, clean windows inside and out, clean all light switches and fixtures (including ceiling fans), and wash kitchen cupboards inside and out. You might also want to consider hiring an exterminator if you feel there may be some pest issues in the house.
Cleaning can seem daunting, but once you start, it goes by pretty quickly. Remember, the more effort you put into preparing for viewings now will pay off later when potential buyers feel more excited about making an offer on your property!
Minimise clutter and pay attention to details
Get rid of all the unnecessary items, such as old newspapers and magazines. Keep your floor and surfaces clean so buyers can easily see the room layout. Organise your belongings in a way that makes sense to you. If you can’t decide what is important enough for them to see, put it away in storage until after the sale.
Tell a story
The first step in helping your property sell is to tell a story. You want to explain the property’s history, what has happened over time and what makes it unique. When people think of a house, they usually imagine setting up their own home there. And this is an opportune moment to provide some additional context and inspire them to think about how their lives could fit into the space.
Using colour well is a great way to help buyers imagine themselves living in your home. Colour can be used in many ways:
- To highlight property features, such as separating an area so it’s more visible from afar (for example, through a dropped ceiling) or placing furniture in front of windows for display purposes.
- To stage a room to sell at its best, think about how you’d set up a house with rooms that are well-lit and have clean lines without being cluttered or overstuffed with furniture.
- When creating a tone, using blues and greens creates a calming effect, while reds can be used to generate excitement or passion.
Property styling can increase the sale price of your property by 10% or more
- It is a fact that property styling increases the value of a home and attracts buyers faster.
- It is an easy way to increase the value of your home, and it doesn’t cost much, either. You can do most of it yourself or hire real estate property styling specialists to help you with any tasks you cannot perform on your own.
Property styling is a great way to ensure your property will sell quickly and for a higher price. This can be done by cleaning up clutter, making sure the home looks tidy and tidy, paying attention to details like colour schemes or furniture styles and telling a story about the house that shows potential buyers why they should buy it.