A true wine lover, at some point in time, will find the idea of stocking up on wine appealing. Everyone would dread hosting a dinner party where they run out of wine, and there’s no harm in having an extra bottle or two. And for those who’d like to buy wine that requires a tad bit of ageing to reach a point where it’s just right, then they must start thinking of ways to store them.
The answer to all these desires would be to invest in a stackable wine rack. These racks are offered in a wide range of sizes to suit everyone’s necessities.
If someone just wants to store an extra few bottles to pull out when a company comes over to their place, there are various racks with different functionalities and aesthetic values. If one seriously considers collecting, they can look for racks that hold dozens of bottles just as easily too, that are often designed to hold large numbers of bottles while not taking up too much space. Whatever the reason, there are plenty of good options for everyone.
Benefits of Investing in a Wine Rack
Apart from maintaining the stock in an orderly manner, saving space and adding great aesthetic value to the room, a stackable wine rack also brings forth a host of benefits, some of which are listed below.
- They decrease the amount of direct and bright sunlight contacting the bottles.
- They help maintain suitable temperatures and balance the humidity best suited for preserving wine.
- The racks are designed so that each bottle can be identified well without needing to move them.
- They maintain the cork by keeping its web and not letting it dry out or crumble.
- They make it simpler to turn them as the bottles are horizontally positioned evenly.
- Since they are made of wood, metal, tough glass or wrought iron, they are extremely durable and strong.
Factors to Consider When Setting Up a Wine Rack
Several parameters, most of which are essential, must be considered before setting up a stackable wine rack. Just going about this idea mindlessly may end up causing problems, so a couple of crucial points have been listed to help avoid some elementary mistakes.
- Size and capacity: Firstly, one must look only at racks that fit in the space and store the number of bottles they desire. Everyone has a different purpose for a wine rack. Some would like to maintain a collection. Some may want to set it up to store a couple of bottles. Thus, based only on the needs, the size and capacity of the rack must be decided.
- Budget: While a small storage unit may cost anything upside of $10, a large, high-capacity wine rack may go up to hundreds of dollars. So based on the necessity and capital to invest in a rack, one must start planning the other aspects.
- Material: Wine racks are made of various materials, each offering unique characteristics. The rack could be carved out of wood or of various metals, each of which suits different tastes.
- Look: For most people, the rack design is of utmost importance, something exquisite that can turn the idea of storing wine into art. From a rustic look to a colourful and more modern design, there are various options to choose from, and it’s left to each individual to choose what matches their palates.
All in all, anyone with a little passion for wine can set up a stackable wine rack without breaking too much sweat, regardless of the space and budget available. These racks come in all sizes and designs and are catered to anyone who wants to pursue and fulfil this desire.