The overall success of an underground project work heavily depends on well-planned project management.
When installing or repairing your underground piping, hiring a professional is the safest option because the work is challenging, tedious and demands time. Also, when things go wrong in underground projects the consequence of eventual failure is often more profound than in other projects which can increase cost and delay project completion as planned by the contractors.
That is why it is important for every company in this particular industry to report their daily production and resource utilisation. With the production data coming in daily, the employees can ensure to improve the governance and control during the full investment lifecycle of an organised underground project management Singapore.
Types of problems in underground piping systems
- Leakage – Whether it is gas, water or oil, underground or in your building, leaks can happen and will put you and the people in your area at serious risk if not given the attention it needs.
- Inaccurate connections – Often, workers tend to install or use fittings and other equipment incorrectly due to poor focus. Using incorrect tools causes severe accidents to the piping that is being installed.
- Rusting and corrosion – Corrosion damages can weaken pipes leading to leaks and other accidents within the system.
Challenges faced during when working underground
Working underground is no easy task. It can come with a lot of challenges. Here are a few that many workers face in the construction industry:
- Accessibility to power supply – Since some of these projects take place in remote areas, resources in these locations can become scarce or depleted. When this happens, underground industry companies are compelled to push new frontiers of exploration. Sometimes, these permanent power supplies and infrastructure might not function properly. This can be detrimental for a project as large as an underground piping system.
- Necessary capital investment – High commodity prices might make it extremely difficult for companies to plan ahead and spend on resources. In recent years, price hikes resulted in companies closing down operations or making layoffs in the workforce sector.
- Unpredictable change orders – Due to the changing nature of an underground project management in Singapore, unexpected demands can cause hindrance to the project. In such a situation, workers should be able to adapt and to change in the face of uncertainty.
Responsibilities to consider for a good workflow in underground project management
- Plan ahead with budget and schedule in advance for development and maintenance.
- Assure constant supervision and quality control, contract compliance and administration.
- Undertake site visits for on-field project administration management and assign a team of job site personnel for regular inspection.
- Ensure a safe work environment with accurate follow ups on local building codes and government regulations.
- Scheduling of safety and training programs whilst maintaining good co-worker relations among employees in all sectors of the project.
Contact Lih Ming Construction for all your underground project management needs
Lih Ming Construction’s mission is to make sure that every project undertaken brings new ideas, commits to top quality standards and confronts serious manageability problems in underground engineering. Serving a wide range of industrial projects, our skilled team believes in continual development where all care is taken during the design process. Contact us today for your next underground civil engineering services project!